Tuesday, June 22, 2010

San Francisco, I'm home.





I came back home to your open arms.
I was ready for you to be a different city. In so many ways, you are, but somethings never change about you. You give me hell, yet you give me life. I've dropped everything I've owned, just to live with you, on your terms. Make me successful was all I could ask for. Make me the man you molded me into...a star that shines on a concrete sky. Tell me more about your dark secrets and your stormy history. Help me understand how to feel the heartbeat of everyone in the room. Help me see my destiny unfold in your horizon.
I was ready for life here. I gave it my all. I've lived through tragedies and heartlessness. I've experienced love and shamelessness. I've seen the growth of souls, as barrels of wine age and soak.
Loyalty was all you asked for, and I couldn't deliver that to you. I shunned you away for 9 years, thinking that would be ok. I never knew I would love another love like you, until the day I came back and didn't find you. I found a new land. One that matured, or maybe it was I that has taken shape and changed to no longer wait for the Tuesday bell at noon
Gravity has drawn me here.... So, that I may relearn why leaders chose to follow. I realize that even though we've grown old together, we are now different in so many ways. I will strive to understand you again. I will attempt to energize those around me. I will attempt to resurrect the grounds beneath me. To provide compassion to those that helped to make me. To live one more day as life's gift, will save me.


No comments:

Post a Comment